Darren Doyle, story and photo
A representative from Scott Waste said a car battery has been determined as the cause of the fire that caused one of their garbage trucks to ignite last week while on route.
The driver and a passenger of the truck noticed smoke and flames coming from the truck and they were forced to empty the burning contents onto the road. The Scott rep. commended the Bear Creek Fire Department for their quick response.
He also said the mess has been cleaned up other than some small pieces of the melted plastic on the road. County Road Foreman Ray Page said his crew would check it out to make sure everything was ok.
Apparently the terminals of the batteries made electric connection with other materials which sparked the blaze.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Copyright 2014-2023 The Edmonson Voice.
The Edmonson Voice logos are registered trademarks.
Call or text: 270-597-6550 email@example.com
PO BOX 94
BROWNSVILLE, KY 42210
CLICK HERE FOR DEADLINE INFO