Darren Doyle, story and photos:
Officials say arson is to blame for the loss of a mobile home around 8:30pm Monday night on Segal Road, right next door to another mobile home that burned a couple weeks ago. Both properties are owned by Tana Hunt, who lives in Bowling Green, according to Bear Creek Fire Chief J.T. Carroll.
Officials said that the property was used as a rental by the owner but no one was living there at the time.
Property caretaker John Meredith said there had been no electric or water service for a long period.
Chief Carroll said that according to the neighbors, the structure went up in flames in a sudden burst, but no one was immediately seen around the area.
The Edmonson County Sheriff's Office was also on scene and is investigating the incident as arson.
"With what we see here, we are treating this as an arson case," said Sheriff Shane Doyle. "With no electric, no one living here, and the sudden burst of flames, those are enough to see that something isn't right. In addition, we don't think the property next door that recently burned is a coincidence."
Doyle also said that two appliances had been moved out of the trailer and were sitting in the front yard, something he said was suspicious.
In addition to Bear Creek, the Kyrock, Brownsville, and Lincoln Fire Departments also responded to the scene. The structure was a total loss and was on the ground in a matter of minutes.
The investigation is being led by Detective Wally Ritter of the Edmonson County Sheriff's Office.
If you have any information about this incident, the Sheriff's Office encourages you to contact them directly at 270-597-2157. Sheriff Doyle said those providing info can remain anonymous.
No injuries were reported during the incident.
*Comments without a first and last name and an email address are not published. All comments are subject for review and must adhere to the Edmonson Voice commenting policy which is posted on this site.
3/9/2019 06:14:03 am
They stated that there was no one living in the house at the time. Which was true but I was the renter of that house and my stuff was in there Saturday night I was suppose to pick it all up tuseday morning because I was off work. My kids and my self lost everything we had in that mobile home the items lost were clothes birth certificates and my son's and daughtersd last Christmas presents from there grandfather that they cherrished . That's something they can't get back. Along with there puppy Abby that was left out of the house in September 2016 a veiw weeks after we movied in. I know how she got out and who done that and I think I know who set the fire too because this person said I wish it would go up in flames because he was tired of working on it. I have 2 people that heard that my boyfriend at that time and a friend. But it was also on a video recorder that was also burned up in the house that was put in my stereo system and in the matteresses of both beds. If that didn't burn up you would have found your arsoner. But enough said on that.
Comments are closed.