Residents Were Not Home At Time Of Fire
Darren Doyle, story, video, and photos:
Five different fire departments responded in the early hours of Thanksgiving in an attempt to save a home located just south of the Edmonson County Industrial Park on Louisville Road.
Emergency workers were dispatched to 22490 Louisville Road shortly after midnight late Wednesday/early Thursday to the report of a structure fire. The fire was fully involved when firefighters arrived.
Homeowner Derik Childress, a Barren County resident, said he rented the home to Rick and Sherry Youngman who weren't home at the time. He said electricians had been at the home earlier in the day doing some repair work to the electrical panel box. Childress said he put the Youngmans in a motel in case the repair work wasn't completed in time and there was no heat in the house by the time temperatures started to fall. It was in the low 20's at the scene of the fire.
While some on scene suspected an electrical issue to be possible, no official cause of the fire was given at the scene. The home was a total loss.
Vinyl siding was melted off a neighbor's home as a result of the intense heat. Responding to the scene were the Rocky Hill, Park City, Brownsville, Chalybeate, and Wingfield Fire Departments. No injuries were reported.