List of Ag Extension Classes January & February 2023, All classes are subject to change without notice, Call the office to sign up at 270-597-3628:
- Monday January 23 @ 5 pm – Managing Body Condition Score in Beef Cattle
- Thursday January 26 @ 6 pm - Private Pesticide Applicator training
- Tuesday January 31 @ 5 pm – Fertilizer Decisions for Hay & Pasture
- Tuesday February 7 @ 5:30 pm – Weed Control in Pastures & Hayfields
- Thursday February 9 @ 5:30 pm – Fencing & On Farm Water Enhancement
- Monday February 20 @ 9:30 am – Mineral Supplementation
- Monday February 20 @ 1 pm – Sheep Basics
- Tuesday February 21 @ 9:30 am - Private Pesticide Applicator training
- Tuesday February 21 @ 2 pm - Dealing with Fescue Toxicosis
- Tuesday February 21 @ 6 pm - Farm Infrastructure
- Thursday February 23 @ 9:30 am – Gardening & Greenhouses
- Thursday February 23 @ 1:30 pm – Hay & Pasture Renovation
- Thursday February 23 @ 6 pm – All Things Gardening
- Monday February 27 @ 9:30 am – Poultry
- Monday February 27 @ 1 pm – Farm Safety
- Tuesday February 28 @ 1:30 pm – On Farm Hay & Feed Storage
Donations are needed for VINCENT CEMETERY to ensure the upkeep of your loved ones' resting place. VINCENT CEMETERY is NOT affiliated or supported by Vincent Church and depends solely on your donations. For donations or questions please contact Gayle Torrence 270-286-4371 or Randy Meredith Sr 270-286-4000. Donations may also be made at the Bank of Edmonson County.
Edmonson County Senior (60+) Food Commodities: The Brownsville Senior Center currently has openings for the Feeding America Senior Food Commodity boxes. This is an income-based program for seniors 60+ and includes a pre-packed food box and 3lb box of cheese once a month. At this time there is no waiting list, so if you, or someone you know qualify, you will receive a food box immediately. Call the Senior Center at 270-597-3116 to apply. There are a limited amount of spaces available so call as quickly as possible to see if you qualify.
Edmonson County residents age 60 and over can qualify for free curbside meals Monday-Friday at the Brownsville Senior Center located at 280 Ferguson St. (beside the Library). This program is provided by Community Action of Southern Kentucky and is available to our seniors and income guidelines do not apply. For more information and to sign up please contact Marlene Webb or Gena Yoakem at 270-597-3116.
To donate to Belle Key cemetery in Rhoda please mail your donation to Brandon A. Cowles 333 Roseberry Circle Bowling Green KY 42104. Brandon's contact information is 597-6193 or firstname.lastname@example.org Your donation is appreciated.
Got something you'd like to post on our V O I C E Calendar? Click here for the rules and to submit your posting. No flyers are allowed on the calendar--text only. Flyers can be published for a fee.