Darren Doyle, story and photos:
A predawn fire had local firefighters busy as an abandoned mobile home stuffed with old uniforms went up in flames.
Multiple firefighters were paged around 4:30AM on Saturday, April 3rd to the report of a structure fire in the 3700 block of Chaumont Road, just off 31W. Firefighters arrived to a fully engulfed mobile home that was barely standing.
According to Rocky Hill Fire Chief Tim Compton, the mobile home had been abandoned for some time. He said the former occupant, who had previously passed away, sold uniforms in the area. The mobile home was packed top-to-bottom with these uniforms, which had the entire area smoldering from the burnt clothing.
It was one of several unoccupied mobile homes in the same vicinity. No injuries were reported.
Responding to the scene were the Rocky Hill, Chalybeate, and Brownsville Fire Departments.
Copyright 2014-2023 The Edmonson Voice.
The Edmonson Voice logos are registered trademarks.
Call or text: 270-597-6550 email@example.com
PO BOX 94
BROWNSVILLE, KY 42210
CLICK HERE FOR DEADLINE INFO