Edmonson Voice Staff
photos courtesy of Kyrock Fire Department
Local firefighters responded to a structure fire at a home on Indian Creek Road around 3am Wednesday morning. Brandon Vincent from the Kyrock Fire Department said that the home was being rented by James and Cassandra Minton and their two young daughters.
"They had two little girls and one of them woke up and smelled smoke," Vincent said. "She then woke up her parents."
Firefighters reported that the home was fully engulfed when they arrived, and that it appeared the source was in the chimney. Vincent said Mrs. Minton credited their young daughter for saving the lives of the entire family.
The family lost everything in the fire and according to social media posts made by the Mintons, they have no insurance. There are currently several friends and family members that are trying to help organize relief efforts. If you or someone you know would be interested in helping with a donation or other aid, please contact Ronnie Vincent via Facebook.
No injuries were reported. In addition to Kyrock VFD, the Brownsville and Bear Creek Fire Departments also responded to the blaze.
1/1/2016 10:32:47 am
I want to thank everyone that has help me and my family. We owe or life's to our oldest daughter Jasmyn Ann Minton. She woke us up and as we was trying to save our home. Jasmyn went upstairs were her 4 year old sister lay sleeping. She went up to safe her sister and got to safety. Jasmyn is our Hero. And our Angel.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.