Darren Doyle, story and photos:
An early morning fire claimed a mobile home in Wingfield on Tuesday, November 14, 2023 just before daylight.
Fire departments were paged around 5:30AM this morning to the report of a structure fire in the 2900 block of Wingfield Church Road. Firefighters arrived to a mobile home that was fully engulfed.
The resident of the home, Russell Logsdon, was staying with a friend at the time of the fire. He said he had left a small space heater on for his dog, which was inside. He said he thought the dog must have knocked over or moved the heater, which could have caused the blaze. The dog was lost in the fire and the home was a total loss.
The mobile home was on the property of Freddie Logsdon.
Responding to the fire were the Wingfield, Chalybeate, and Brownsville Fire Departments. No other injuries were reported.
Copyright 2014-2023 The Edmonson Voice.
The Edmonson Voice logos are registered trademarks.
Call or text: 270-597-6550 email@example.com
PO BOX 94
BROWNSVILLE, KY 42210
CLICK HERE FOR DEADLINE INFO