Darren Doyle, story
Pat Prunty, photos
Firefighters responded to 615 Wilderness Road this morning at the residence of Mr. Kevin Cilone. Official reports said that Mr. Cilone was awakened by the sounds of snapping and cracking, and when he went outside to check, he saw that an outside storage building was on fire.
Lincoln Fire Chief Steve Sanders said that firefighters arrived on scene in 12 minutes, but the small building was already fully involved and had begun falling down.
Chief Sanders also said that a van parked just in front of the building had also caught fire. Firefighters controlled the blaze, but the van was also a total loss. The fire caused some vinyl siding to melt on the house, but the fire was contained and no further damage occurred.
Along with the Lincoln VFD, the Kyrock Fire Department also responded, as well as Edmonson County Emergency Management Director Pat Prunty.
Officials don't know the source of the fire, and they said the only thing plugged up inside the building was a small radio. There were no injuries reported.
Copyright 2014-2023 The Edmonson Voice.
The Edmonson Voice logos are registered trademarks.
Call or text: 270-597-6550 firstname.lastname@example.org
PO BOX 94
BROWNSVILLE, KY 42210
CLICK HERE FOR DEADLINE INFO