Darren Doyle, story and photos
Several fire departments responded to a structure fire at 1364 Beaver Dam Church Road today around 12:40pm that resulted in the total loss of a home and it's contents.
Residents of the home said they thought the likely cause of the fire was an electric heater in a back bedroom. They also said it was too late to gather any belongings once they realized there was a fire. County records showed listed the owner as Randall Thomas of Brownsville.
The Brownsville, Chalybeate, Wingfield, and Smiths Grove Fire Departments responded to the scene where they remained for about three hours. A portion of Beaver Dam Church Road was closed while firefighters battled the blaze.
No injuries were reported.
**UPDATE: A RELIEF EFFORT FOR THIS FAMILY HAS BEEN PUT IN PLACE BY THE EDMONSON COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE AND THE CHALYBEATE FIRE DEPARTMENT. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS.