With impending ice and sleet forecasted for our area, here are some tips that may benefit those who experience a power outage:
Preparing for a power outage:
· The time to prepare for a power outage is before it occurs.
· If you are a Warren RECC member, it is extremely important that we have your correct phone number and contact information recorded in our system. This allows our employees to locate your account much quicker when you call in to report an outage or if you use the automated system.
· Have a flashlight and battery-powered radio on hand with fresh batteries.
· Check on the elderly or disabled in your neighborhood.
· If you see a downed power line, don’t go near it. Call Warren RECC’s 24/7 emergency or power failure number:
o In Warren County, call 270-843-9710
o Outside Warren County, call toll free 1-888-604-4321
· To view outages in Warren RECC’s service area, go to www.wrecc.com and click on “View Current Outages.”
· Also, follow WRECC on Facebook and Twitter.